(703) 342-6003 [email protected]

Home staging blog posts are a great way for homeowners to get some great staging tips. But there can be so many that you as the homeowner can get overwhelmed. That is why I created a list of the top 10 home staging blog posts to help you focus on the ones that will help you get started.

I’ve shared these articles on my social media sites and newsletters all year long, but I know not everyone will get a chance to read it right then and there. Some of the blogs even have audio with it so you don’t have to read it, you can just listen!

I know some of you will be in different stages of your life and are contemplating selling your home. Others may be on the cusp of moving, need some help and don’t know where to begin. When it comes to home staging advice, I thought this was a great way to end the year and remind you of some of these important tips no matter where you are in your life.

1. Are Your Home Staging Costs Realistic?

Why It’s Important – Many people have heard of home staging but have never done it before. They expect it to be something very expensive when in reality it normally costs less than a price reduction on your home. Let me share some costs you can expect to see.

2. Number 1 reason you should stage your home

Why It’s Important – Real estate is a very visual market. Only 10% of buyers can envision their furnishings in a home. The rest (90%) have a very difficult time deciding the furniture layout in each room. If you stage your home to sell, you can visually help the buyer. That is why I always recommend putting furniture in each room. Not only do you show the buyer what kind of room it is, you show them how they can arrange the furniture too.

3. 4 Common Mistakes Homeowners Make When Selling Their Home

Why It’s Important – Have you just received your military orders or you got a new job in a different city? You now have to start thinking about who to hire and what you need to do to get your home sold quickly. What do you do? The list can get very long quickly but you need to be aware of some pitfalls to avoid in the home selling process. I share 4 common mistakes that homeowners make when selling their home.

4. Decluttering is the foundation needed to start staging a home

Why It’s Important – The most common home improvement sellers can do to a home is decluttering. But that’s not all it takes to stage a home. Learn what you can do next to get your home ready for the market.

5. Towels are not the only answer to vacant home staging

Why It’s Important – Have you noticed that when you tour empty homes, there is inevitably one room, like the bathroom, that just has some towels in it?  How is that supposed to entice you to buy the home? It makes me think that someone forgot to check this room when they were packing! Putting towels in a bathroom is not staging when the rest of the house is empty.

6. How to Stage a Living Room

Why it’s Important – Did you know that living rooms are the #1 room that buyers look at to help them decide if this house is the one for them? Make sure it’s staged correctly with a proper furniture layout and not cluttered with too many pieces of furniture.

7. How to Stage Gray Rooms

Why It’s Important – Gray is a great neutral color but sometimes we get carried away and have too much gray. How do you solve this dilemma? Let me share some tricks to brighten up what could be a dreary room.

8. Should I leave pictures up when selling my home?

Why It’s Important – While some of your pictures can stay up on the wall, there are others that should not stay up. I will go over the ones you should take down and ones that are ok to leave up on the wall.

9.Five easy tips on how to stage your house with kids

Why It’s Important – Kids are going to make moving a little more difficult. Get them on board with these tips so you stay a bit more sane throughout the whole moving process.

10. 16 Tips for an Open House

Why It’s Important – So you’ve staged your home and cleaned it from top to bottom. You’ve fixed all the broken lights and now you have an open house. Here are some tips on things you need to do before showing your home to the public.

That’s my list of the top 10 home staging articles this year. With this round up of articles, you can prepare for the next time you have to move. Staging is a process but with the right tools and people in place, you can sell your home faster.