As more and more younger families move into the Moore County area, there is a need to find places that are kid-friendly. There will always be the restaurant that doesn’t cater to kids and that’s ok. That is what date-night is for, right? But for the rest of the time, parents are trying to find places they can take their kids and find kid-friendly menu options without having to resort to order by number. So let me share some fantastic places in Moore County where you can find menu options for kids and parents and maybe even save a buck or two on special nights.
- American Food
- Golden Corral – Kids eat for $.99 Mon-Thurs. Who can beat a buffet with food that is ready to go and has healthy options too?
- Firehouse Subs – Kids eat free on Sundays. Ok, so you still order by number but at least it’s free for the kids!
- Dickeys’ BBQ – Kids eat free on Sundays. Gotta love the free ice cream afterwards, right? Or maybe before dinner? You choose.
- Pik N Pig – Great BBQ and kids love watching the airplanes land nearby! Adults, try their Janie or Pulled Pork sandwiches. Kids choose from pulled pork sandwich, hot dog, grilled cheese or tenders with sides such as chunky applesauce, BBQ beans and more!
- Kickback Jacks – $.99 kids meal on Friday. Burgers are their best items on the menu (just sayin’)
- Harris Teeter in Pinehurst – Serves large hand-tossed pizzas for $7.99 on Monday’s only. Order early and pick up later (910-255-0104) plus they have breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet other days of the week
- Pete’s Family Restaurant – Pancakes are bigger than your kids’ faces and sure to please. They have a lot to choose from so even your picky eater won’t go hungry. They serve lunch and dinner too.
- Time Out Grill – This is a great grill place for something different. Kid-friendly options include grilled cheese, burgers, wings and chicken tenders. Parents will love their Carolina Burger or try their craft beer specials
- Texas Roadhouse – You gotta love their fresh baked buns! Kids meals include Mac n cheese and other goodies. But my kids love making mac n cheese sandwiches by splitting the bun and loading the mac n cheese inside for a yummy gooey dinner.
- Flyer Tiger or Peking Wok – These sister companies offer Chinese lunch and dinner buffets in Carthage and Southern Pines. Can we say yummy Sweet and Sour Chicken?
- Mexican restaurants
- Whispering Pies – Newly renamed after Zerillo’s in Whispering Pines. They still have great kids options like a personal pizza and offer military discounts too!
- Valenti’s in Vass – Great atmosphere and you can watch them make your pizza. Kids can make their own pizza at the table by adding the sauce and toppings.
- The Ice Cream Parlor – Now I know what you are thinking, well of course this is a great place because they have ice cream! Well yes, but they also have great lunches too like mini-hot dogs and grilled cheese for the kids. And for the parents, I LOVE their chicken salad sandwiches. Don’t forget to try some of their handmade ice cream too.
I’m sure I missed a few places around town, so be sure to let me know your favorite kid-friendly restaurants in Moore County!